Briefly, among other things, we have submitted the following to the Ministry of Culture.
With the YPPOT / DAVMM / 91790 2329 BC-12-01-2011 decision was approved the “Study for the Removal of the Archaeological Museum of Astros with conditions (ΑΔΑ-4Α9Γ-99) and on 22-04-2013 the Programmatic Cultural Development Contract was signed for the execution of the project between the former YPAITHPA, the Peloponnese Region and the Municipality of North Kynouria. The approved works started in April 2014 and were completed in December 2015.
On 12-1-2011 with ΑΔΑ-4Α9Γ-99 the Ministry of Culture set the terms of the project including the following.
“8. To prepare a complete and integrated study for the fixing and restoration of the monument for its operation as a modern museum”.
“.… .Ἀ) Static adequacy check of the bearing body and a complete study of fixing and restoration of the monument that will determine the necessary repair and reinforcement works such as… ..”
After 2015 with other documents the Ministry of Culture stated that the Museum is ready to reopen.
1) On 22-7-2016 with the document Α.Π. ΥΠΠΟΑ / ΓΔΑΠΚ / ΕΦΑ ΑΡΚΑΔΙΑΣ 244604/146538/2951, among others it states “εγκ The approved works started in April 2014 and were completed in December 2015 ″…. at the exhibition site. The Museum is ready to reopen but there is no permanent daily staff “….
2) On 12-01-2017 with the document Α.Π. ΥΠΠΟΑ / ΓΔΑΠΚ / ΕΦΑΑΡΚ / 1616971/30 “We also point out that since December 2015 the Museum was restored and is ready to operate after the execution of the repair work on the shell of the building (see the number ΥΠΠΟΑ / ΓΔΑΠΚ / ΕΦΑ -301900-180956-3709 / 15-11-2016 our document) ”….
3) On 17-05-2017 with the document Α.Π. YPPOA / GDAPK / EFARK / 147627/93905/1341
4) On 18-5-2018.… With the document Α.Π. ΥΠΠΟΑ / ΓΔΑΠΚ / ΕΦΑΑΡΚ / 218494/158967/1928… ”Our Service has made sure that the Museum is open in specific cases, having regular amulet staff from the Archaeological Museum of Tegea. Astros Museum will be open during the months of May-August 2018. Finally, our Ephorate is waiting for the Announcement of ASEP for permanent prison staff at the Astros Museum ”… ..
5) On June 20, 2018 “with the no. 8Κ / 2018 Announcement of ASEP (Government Gazette 19 / τ ASEP / 20-6-18> the filling of a permanent position of regular daily guardian of antiquities is requested for the Archaeological Museum and Astros Sites
We read the following in the local electronic press and these are required by the local community.
“We hope that an employee will be placed in the Museum of Astros in order for the placement to open permanently and to operate the Museum and the Holy Space of the Second National Assembly of the Greeks in Astros.
We would like to inform you that the file with the thousands of signatures of the residents of the area was submitted to the Ministry of Culture and the history of the problem that the area is facing with the closed archeological museum was mentioned. (Protocol number of the document 2 / 12-9-2018) “
Let us know how much money the project cost the Ministry of Culture with the Ministry of Culture / DAVMM / 91790 2329 BC-12-01-2011 decision for the “Study for the Removal of the Archaeological Museum of Astros with conditions (ΑΔΑ-4Α9Γ-99) that the project was finished and was approved in 2015 by three public bodies, the former YPAITHPA, the Peloponnese Region and the Municipality of North Kynouria.
We ask, finally, why did the Ministry of Education and Science spend the money it spent with the Ministry of Culture / DAVMM / 91790 2329 BC-12-01-2011 decision with conditions (ΑΔΑ-4Α9Γ-99)?
How many static studies were done after the delivery and receipt of the project?
We remind you that we have submitted, prot. Number 109057, date of issue 14/03/2018, to the Ministry of Culture and Sports the many and continuous contradictions of EFAARK.
We are waiting for your reasoned answer for our report of 13 October -2020 (reference number: 568072 with the completion of 18 October 2020 in a reasonable time.
In the new era, sooner or later the state will stop guarding 4 walls and we must all understand the new reality, how we must adapt accordingly and “do what we can” if we want to survive as a nation.
Simply put, if we do not have money, we must decide whether to lock the sanctuary forever or open the site without guards and supervisors. The common mind will sooner or later prevail and the Sacred Space will be opened definitively and irrevocably.
As we understand, there was never a decision to close the “Holy Space” of the “B” National Assembly. by the competent authority of the Ministry of Culture. Πι
When an employee died, he closed the “Holy Space” one day because he wanted to and since then he has kept the space closed unjustifiably, and at worst, perhaps without a decision by the competent authority of the Ministry. Who would dare to decide in writing and institutionally to close the “Sacred Space” and who would find even an excuse to justify this decision ?. The “Holy Space” of the “B” National Assembly is abusively closed, with what we know today, without the appropriate procedures and without the observance and implementation of the regulations of the Ministry of Culture.
Basically, the closure of the space is contrary to the basic principles of the Ministry of Culture and contrary to the principle of promoting our cultural heritage. There is no reason and no excuse for the space to be closed. The Ministry of Culture must find reasons to open the “Holy Space” of the Second National Assembly of the Greeks.
The Director of the Office of the Minister and the Ombudsman, re-read the same answers above and insist “please for the answer to the interested party” and “provide a detailed written answer” that we are still waiting… ..
The Archaeological Museum of Astros, the courtyard of the school and the separate neighboring “Holy Space” of the Second National Assembly of the Greeks is a modest, harmonious and imposing space, a museum in itself.
We kindly ask you to open the three separate spaces permanently and irrevocably or to give us a reasoned answer to the positions of the Ministry of Culture.
The “Holy Space” of the Second National Assembly of the Greeks
The courtyard of the Karytsiotis school (of the Archaeological Museum of Astros)
The Archaeological Museum of Astros