Sights in Astros-Let’s go for a walk to see the village…

We will gradually add links that will lead to details on each topic. For those who like hiking a bit. Let’s go for a walk in the village, “in Astros the arched and with its nobility”, we have a lot to see on foot or by car.

“Here, the Second National Assembly of the Greeks convened on the spot, March 30 – April 18, 1823”

The “Holy Space” of the Second National Assembly of the Greeks

 

Moustos (3 km)

Kastraki Meligou(3 km)

Herronnisi, (7 km), the walls of Anthini (the Mill of Agios Andreas swims in the Argolic)

Paralio Astros (4km)

Castle of Paralio Astros or of Zafeiropoulon

The Palioxano Beach (5km)

Lileika 11beach (small caves) (8km)

Holy Monastery of Loukous, (4 km),

Villa of Herod Atticus

The site of ancient Eva and the villa of Herodes Atticus, (4 km),

The bridge of Hararas, (3km) overlooking the plain of Thyrea

The watermill of Ai Giorgis and the sougelo of Kato Meligos, (4 km)

Holy Monastery of the Assumption of the Virgin Paleopanagia (6 km)

Wall – Elliniko (Greek) Elliniko or Teichio (8 km) with a magnificent view of the plain of Thyrea .

The inn of Kopanitsa, (10 km) with a magnificent view of the plain of Thyrea

We will leave the charming beaches for later, in the category beaches and they are many and charming.

“The sun and the sea” of the Argolic gulf .

Monasteries Nearby are the Holy Monastery of Loukous (4 km) and the Holy Monastery of Paleopanagia (6 km). See below the links ‘

Monasteries and Churches: Parnonas was also named the “Mount Athos” of Southern Greece.

Of particular interest is the church of Agios Ioannis Prodromos in Agiannis. The abundant icy water of the spring Prodromos flows through five canals, one is very low, just below the church, as if the water seems to come through the church. (17km)

See the link.

The abundant icy water of Prodromos in Agiannis “comes through the church”.

The waterfalls of Lepida: Near Agios Ioannis (Agiannis) and Platanos Kynouria

astrosgr.com/en / John Koutogiorgas

Back to astrosgr.com/en /Dedicated to Thyreatis Land

Sights in Agiannis Kynourias- Let’s go for a walk in the village

Agios Ioannis (Agiannis) of Kynouria, was the capital of the Greek state in 1822 and offered many and important things in the revolution of 1821.

Let’s go for a walk to get to know the sights of Agios Ioannis (Agianni) Kynouria. We will walk slowly to the village and we will see all the sights in a row. Later where we have material we will add links that will lead to details. We have a lot to see around Agiannis

I

1)In the first photo we can see a partial view of Agiannis from Kalogerovouni.

2) Our walk begins with the founding inscription of the Karytsiotis School of Agiannis. «1798 IN MONTH JULY 18 THE SCHOOL TO PHILOTHEAMON. WHY DID YOU GET BURIED FRIEND FILOTHEAMON WITH A QUESTION SECRET YOU ASK MY NAME……………..
Pre-revolutionary Greece had many small “hidden” and few open schools. One of the few obvious schools was the famous Karytsiotis School that was built in 1798, 23 years before the Greek revolution and this is of great importance. It was built on the hill Koutri of Agiannis Kynourias and was one of the few “universities” of our pre-revolutionary homeland and its students were from all over mainland Greece and our islands. Our great benefactor Dimitrios Karytsiotis (1741 – 1819), a powerful Agiannitis patriot of the Diaspora, found a way to allow the 400-year-old Turkish conquerors to acquire and operate the school in Agiannis and in the branch of the Karytsiotis school in Astros, which in 1805.

3) The “government” located very close to the Karytsiotis school of Agiannis was the seat of government The Karytsiotis school played a primary and decisive role in making Agiannis the capital of revolutionary Greece from 15 August to 1 October 1822. The “government” located very close to the Karytsiotis school of Agiannis was the seat of government. under the windows.

4) The mansion of Zafeiropoules in Agiannis The above mansion of Zafeiropouloi is located just above the source Soulinari, at the bottom of the village and is just below the school Karytsioti. After the πριν before the.’S burning of the school by Ibrahim in 1826, Panos Zafeiropoulos and Akouros here initially transported the 1500 books of the Karytsiotis school here, before transferring them permanently to the castle of Paralio Astros for better preservation

5) The famous traditional spring Soulinari Agiannis was the capital of Greece under the Provisional Government of the Revolution, from August 15 to October 1, and the neighborhood of Soulinari was the metropolis of Agiannis. specifically in the place of Matthew and near the source Soulinari.

6)” According to the historian Nikolaos I. Floudas “The mansion of the Kourogiorgas – Fourliga family in Agios Ioannis. It is located in the place “Elagos – Agios Vassilios”, near the source Soulinari. The lower school of the village was housed here during the Turkish occupation

7)”According to the historian Nikolaos I. Floudas, who saved the relevant Agianniti tradition, after the burning of the Karytsiotis School by Ibrahim Pasha, the students were taught in the basement of this mansion as well as in the neighboring mansion of Fourligas” (Grigori)

8) The mansion of Panos Sarigiannis as it was in the 1960s. Panos Sarigiannis was one of the pworkers of the Revolution in the Peloponnese from a very early age. In 1820 he was initiated into the Friendly Society by Agiopetritis Protestant Anagnostis Kondakis, in Constantinople,

9) The old primary school of Agiannis

10) Students in front of the primary school in 1958 The photo was taken in front of the old primary school of Agiannis in 1958 by our fellow photographer and barber Thanasis Koutivas. Our late teacher Leonidas Kolovos can be seen with most of the students of the school, some of whom were absent that day.

11) The famous traditional source Pigadaki. “On March 13, 1742, the Pigadaki spring was erected, a little above Prodromos, in the settlement of Hasapogianneika. The source was built according to the founding inscription, which is written in Arabic,

12) The mansion of Tsakonas with the scalpel was acquired in the 15th century. This mansion is located in Koufovouno, just above the church of Prodromos.It is a building of the 14th – 15th century, according to the testimony of the owner Ioannis Harbalis. So we understand that it is probably the oldest house in our village. The scalpel can be seen at the end of the building on the left under the two windows,

13) Tsakonas’ scalpel can be seen.

14) The church of Agios Ioannis the Forerunner. Agiannis took its name from the picturesque church of Agios Ioannis the Forerunner. The visitor admires the centuries-old plane tree and the abundant icy water that springs just below the church and flows through five canals, one is very low, as if the water seems to come through the church.

The abundant icy water of Prodromos in Agiannis “comes through the church”.

15) The church of Agios Ioannis Prodromos, the tiles on the roof can be seen, as they had before we discovered the tiles ..

16) The source of Prodromos, the abundant water is like coming out of the church. The majestic church of Agios Ioannis Prodromos in Agiannis was renovated and became a patriarchal exarchate in 1638. Plenty of icy water springs just below the church. Just as the water flows through five canals, one is very low, as if the water seems to be coming through the church.

17) The cistern of the forerunner and the plane tree

18) The sougelos of the water, the water was transported away to irrigate the “pergolas” and to live the people of Agiannites for many centuries ,,

19) The mansion of Kotzabasi, an associate of the Turks Anagnostis Papazoglou, who was feared not only by the Greeks but also by the Turks of the Peloponnese.

20) We go up the paved road in the village square where the historic church of Ai Giorgis is located with the big bell in the plane tree, which broke strangely ..?. The church of Ai Giorgis, post-Byzantine, with a holographic interior. The murals are probably works of the Agiannitis priest and painter Georgios Koulidas The old photo from the website Thyreatis Gi .

21) Old photo of a lot of people in the village squarefrom the website Thyreatis Gi. LATE 19TH PRINCIPLES OF THE 20TH CENTURY.

22) We went up to Lakka at the top of the village, an old photo from Lakka of the village. Agiannis is advertised for its beautiful mountain climate that renews and invigorates its inhabitants and visitors, has many natural beauties and is only half an hour away from the beach of the Stars.

23) From Lakka we gaze at the village, the new technologies begin…. and evolution ..

24) The church of Panagia in Lakka. The church of Panagia in Lakka, at the top of the village with a nice view, in Lakka, the second square, where the church of Panagia is located, built by the brothers M. Papoulias (or Touris) on the foundations of an older one destroyed by Ibrahim. From this point one can admire almost the whole village, the wild beauty of the surrounding mountains and the lively green. the church has been recently renovated .. we thank the friends of Agiannis.

25) From Lakka we gaze at the new village, many new tiles, and Kalogerovouni opposite.

26) The new… many new ίζουν The Guesthouse of “Founta

27) The famous tavern of “Karamantzanis in Lakka, wonderful view. does not appear in this photo, we will find another one later ..

28) We said new…. stone houses

29) Picturesque new houses for rent

30) The Platanas cafe in the square of the village of Agianni

31) From the village square

32) The cafe “To koutri” is located next to the founding plate of the school Karytsioti, on Koutri small hill as we enter the village from Astros was built the famous school Karytsioti.

33) The waterfalls of Lepida: Near Agios Ioannis (Agiannis) and Platanos Kynouria

34) Estella Castle or Oria Castle

35)The school in Agiannis was a marble and spectacular historical monument, burned by Ibrahim in 1826, the photo shows the annex of the school of Agiannis in Astros, acquired in 1805, which now houses the Archaeological Museum of Astros next to the neighboring “The Holy Shrine” 2nd National Assembly of the Greeks, this place is modest and imposing, it is a “museum” in itself (distance 17 km)

astrosgr.com/en / John Koutogiorgas

Back to astrosgr.com/en /Dedicated to Thyreatis Land

Sources

Συνεργάτες Astros Kynouria News 

Θυρεατις γη (βορεια κυνουρια

The historic Agios Ioannis (Agiannis) of Kynouria.

Agios Ioannis (Agiannis) of Kynouria, was the capital of the Greek state in 1822 and offered many and important things in the revolution of 1821.

The historic Astros and Agios Ioannis (Agiannis) are a community.

It is a mountain village built at an altitude of 750 m., 17 km west of Astros. It is administratively subordinated to the community of Astros and the Municipality of North Kynouria. In 1845, the village became the seat of Kynouria Province. From 1834 to 1912, it was the summer capital of the Municipality of Thyrea. The first mention of the village is made in the Chronicle of the Fall of Constantinople by Georgios Sfratzis, in 1453.

Astros and Paralio Astros came from the village of Agios Ioannis, as well as other settlements. Agiannis is advertised for its beautiful mountain climate that renews and invigorates its inhabitants and visitors, has many natural beauties and is only half an hour away from Astros. The mountainous climate, as they typically said “not to be eaten by the plain”, was one of the reasons that the inhabitants were forced despite all the difficulties to have the upper and lower village, they needed both.

From the end of the 80’s, an intense construction activity began in Agiannis, which continues to this day, and mainly concerns the restoration of the old traditional houses. At the same time many new houses were built. Many visitors from all over Greece and Germany buy houses in Agianni. It has developed into the holiday village of Astros and especially in the summer it is a gathering place of the people of Agianni everywhere, but also of vacationers from all over Greece, in the sixties the friends of the village called Agianni “the little Paris”.

Dimitris Karytsiotis built the famous Karytsiotis school, the “university” in pre-revolutionary Greece in 1798 in Agiannis and the branch of the school in 1805 in Astros. His contribution to the Thyreatis Earth and the homeland is incalculable. Pre-revolutionary Greece had many small “hidden” and few open schools. One of the few obvious schools was the famous Karytsiotis School that was built in 1798, 23 years before the Greek revolution and this is of great importance. It was built on the hill Koutri of Agiannis Kynourias and was one of the few “universities” of our pre-revolutionary homeland and its students were from all over mainland Greece and our islands.

Our great benefactor Dimitrios Karytsiotis, a powerful Agiannitis patriot of the Diaspora, found a way to allow the 400-year-old Turkish conquerors to allow the acquisition and operation of the school in Agiannis and in the branch of the Karytsiotis school in Astros Kynourias, which opened in 1805.

The branch of the Karytsiotis school in Astros, has housed the Archaeological Museum of Astros since 1985.

The Karytsioti school played a catalytic role for the local community for many years and even today, since all the people of Agianni with great effort and with every sacrifice wanted their children to learn letters and as graduates “squids” to change their lives, according to the “smart” expectations of their great benefactor Dimitrios Karytsiotis.

General Panos Zafeiropoulos (Akouros).

The people of Agiannites offered many and important things to the Greek revolution of 1821 and the most important of all the people of Agiannites was General Panos Zafeiropoulos (Akouros). responsible for military security in time of war of the National Assembly in Astros., At the beginning of the revolution, under the leadership of Panos Zafeiropoulos, more than 100 inhabitants of Agiannis, participated in battles in Tripolitsa and throughout the Peloponnese. Also under the leadership of Georgakis Digenis, they participated in the battles of Doliana and Vervena.

 The “government” of Agiannis

From the beginning in 1821, discussions began between the revolutionaries to make Agiannis the capital of the free Greek state. The Karytsioti school played a primary and decisive role in making Agiannis the capital of revolutionary Greece from August 20 to October 1, 1822. The “government” located very close to the Karytsiotis school of Agiannis was the seat of government. . This period is also confirmed by the Archives of Lazaros and Georgios Kountouriotis (vol. AD, p. 92 ff.).

In 1826 the village was completely destroyed by Ibrahim’s hordes with the same fate as other villages in the area. Ibrahim Pasha also destroyed many churches, such as Agios Vassilios, Agios Efstratios, Agios Petros, as well as the famous School of Karytsiotis. The founding inscription of the famous Karytsiotis School

From Arkades Esmen, Smaragdi Arvaniti

“At the entrance of the village there is the modern church of Agia Paraskevi. Continuing you meet a thicket, the “Koutri”. There the visitor sees a marble slab built into the wall. This is the founding inscription of the famous Karytsiotis School, which alone survived after the burning of the School by the hordes of Ibrahim on July 30, 1826.

After “Koutri”, about 250 m., You can find the central square of the village, with the big plane tree. There is also the church of Ai-Giorgis, post-Byzantine, with a holographic interior. The murals are probably works of the Agiannitis priest and painter Georgios Koulidas. In many of them there are traces of the passage of Ibrahim: swords in the faces of the Saints and the taking out of their eyes.

Descending from Ai-Giorgis square to the lower part of the village we reach the vaulted spring Pigadaki, with the embossed, Arabic script Turkish inscription on a wall slab and date 1100 (1742 AD): “The reizis (officer) Hatzi-Isma , philanthropist and peacemaker, leaves a source of clean and fresh water thanks to the world. For his lively work to say the Fetiha (prayer) “.

A little further down is the church of Agios Ioannis Prodromos, also post-Byzantine. The visitor admires the centuries-old plane tree and the abundant icy water that springs just below the church and flows through four canals. Until about 1960 the water moved four watermills and irrigated the lucrative orchards. Unfortunately, now the place is almost abandoned and the cotton trees have taken the place of the orchards.

We continue east, in the lower village, we pass the old school, the shrine in the place of the church of St. Basil, which was also set on fire by Ibrahim, and we reach the much-sung spring, Soulinari, with the imposing plane tree, decoration for the area.

 From Ai-Giorgis square, a road leads to the upper part of the village, and to Lakka, the second square, where the church of Panagia is located, built by the brothers M. Papoulias (or Touri) on the foundations of an older one that was destroyed by Ibrahim From this point one can admire almost the whole village, the wild beauty of the surrounding mountains and the lively green. The road continues and leads to the exit from the village to the Monastery of Malevi and Agios Petros. Leaving Agiannis, a stop is required in Perdikoneri, a spring with excellent and digestive water. The landscaping Association of the village designed the space with seats and shelter, thus creating an ideal place for relaxation and for a walk, especially on hot summer nights. At about 2 km, in the place “Xirokambi”, there are ruins of the Castle of Oria, from the period of Frankish rule, about which many legends, traditions and songs have been told.

Very close to the village, there are the famous waterfalls of Lepida.

The village has excellent taverns, where meat and cheese produced by the breeders of the area are served, as well as the famous Agiannitiko wine, Kokkineli. There is also a traditional guest house with all modern comforts. Relaxing moments you enjoy with a coffee and dessert in the cafes in the square of Ai-Giorgis, under the plane tree, overlooking the mountains. During the summer and mainly in the context of the religious festivals of Agios Georgios, Agios Panteleimon, Agia Paraskevi, Profitis Ilias, Panagia, Prodromos, Agios Dimitrios, traditional festivals are organized – feasts, but also a number of cultural events “. The village has many traditional springs, such as Soulinari, Perdikoneri, Pigadaki, Mousga, Prodromo and many traditional buildings. In winter the inhabitants go down to Astros.

astrosgr.com/en / John Koutogiorgas

Sources

From Arkades Esmen, Smaragdi Arvaniti

From astros – kynouria News, Giannis D. Kourbelis

Collaborators Astros Kynouria News 

The historic Astros of Kynourias

Back to Archaeological Sites and Museums of the Thyreatis Land

Back to astrosgr.com/en /Dedicated to Thyreatis Land

Psalms in Hagia Sophia 1500 years ago

Ο “Χερουβικός Ύμνος” όπως ακουγόταν στην ΑΓΙΑ ΣΟΦΙΑ μέχρι το 1453 – YouTube

ΨΑΛΜΩΔΙΕΣ ΣΤΗΝ ΑΓΙΑ ΣΟΦΙΑ- Έτσι ακούγονταν 1500 χρόνια πριν – YouTube

astrosgr.com/en / John Koutogiorgas

Back to  Monasteries and Churches  

Back to astrosgr.com/en /Dedicated to Thyreatis Land

Traditional Villages

“The total is greater than the sum of its parts.” Aristotle

We always have our neighbors by our side and we promote our place for everyone, for us and for our neighbors. We can project more effectively that we all have together and the projection of an area is not done from one square … but from all the squares of Thyrea.

 Our friends and neighbors, we are all in the same boat of Thyrea, no one is left over, we never open holes, nor do we let others open holes …, because eventually we will all sink and drown ……

When someone visits us, he does not come to see only one square, he always sees more, let us understand. Let’s put it another way and in a nutshell, it is in our interest to show “what we have” and our neighbors (and it is in our interest not to shoot ourselves ….), period and pavla.

The Municipality of North Kynouria, based in the historic Astros, consists of 26 Local Apartments and 40 settlements, located in the northeastern part of the Prefecture of Arcadia and to the east is bathed by the waters of the Argolic Gulf.

In the whole of Thyrea it is not an exaggeration to say that if you pick up a small stone you will find a historical monument and an archeological treasure.

Below are the communities of our municipality in a geographical order.

The blue letters are links. Let us know our neighbors they have a lot …

The historic Astros of Kynourias &  The historic Agios Ioannis (Agiannis) of Kynouria.

Paralio Astros of Kynouria


Vervena of Arcadia
Koutroufa of Arcadia
Doliana of Arcadia
Kastri of Arcadia
Agios Petros of Arcadia
Agiannis (Agios Ioannis) of Kynouria
Meligou of Arcadia
Charadros of Arcadia
Platanos of Arcadia
Sitaina of Arcadia – astrosgr.com
Kastanitsa of Arcadia – astrosgr.com
Prastos of Arcadia – astrosgr.com
Arcadiko Village of Arcadia – astrosgr.com
Agios Andreas of Arcadia – astrosgr.com
Korakovouni of Arcadia – astrosgr.com
Xiropigado of Arcadia – astrosgr.com
The TsakonesVillages of Tsakonia

==========================

Platana of Arcadia
 7 Hagia Sophia (or Hagia Sophia) of Arcadia
Saint George of Arcadia
Stolos of Arcadia
10 Perdikovrisi of Arcadia
11 Nea Chora of Arcadia
12 Karatoula of Arcadia
13 Oria (or Orgia) of Arcadia
14 Elatos of Arcadia
15 Mesorrachi of Arcadia

Let us know our neighbors they have a lot …

Take a look at the links in all the villages of our municipality (when they are the letters are blue is a link, we will post them all slowly)

See the map with the villages of our municipality

https://www.google.ca/…/data=!3m1!1e3!4m62!4m61!1m0!1m0…

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Administrative division and settlements

The Municipality of North Kynouria includes the following municipal-local communities and settlements

EL.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

Δήμος Βόρειας Κυνουρίας – Βικιπαίδεια

Municipality of North Kynouria – Wikipedia

The Municipality of North Kynouria is a municipality of Arcadia and the Peloponnese Region, which was established in 1998 according to the Administrative Reform of “Kapodistrias”

astrosgr.com/en / John Koutogiorgas

Back to astrosgr.com/en /Dedicated to Thyreatis Land

Αρχαιολογικοί Χώροι στο Άστρος

Δείτε τους συνδέσμους για τα σχετικά κείμενα.

O«Ιερός Χώρος» της Β’ Εθνοσυνέλευσης των Ελλήνων

H Σχολή Καρυτσιώτη .

Τοπόσημα του 1821 |#5, Το ιστορικό Άστρος Κυνουρίας , Η Σχολή Καρυτσιώτη του Αγιάννη.

Η κτητορική επιγραφή (πλάκα) της Σχολής Καρυτσιώτη (koinotita-astrous.gr)

To Αρχαιολογικό Μουσείο Άστρους

Tο προαύλιο της Σχολής Καρυτσιώτη ( του Μουσείου Άστρους)

Τοπόσημα του 1821 | #4,Το ιστορικό Άστρος Κυνουρίας ,Tο Κολοκοτρωνέϊκο τραπέζι.

Ο μεγάλος εθνικός ευεργέτης μας Δημήτριος Καρυτσιώτης

Η πλατεία Καρυτσιώτη στο Άστρος

Έπαυλη του Ηρώδη Αττικού

Ελληνικό η Τειχιό και η Θυρέα

Λιμάνι Αγίου Ανδρέα και η αρχαία πόλη Ανθήνη

Η παραλία Πόρτες και ο Αργολικός

Το γεφύρι του υδραγωγείου της Λουκούς

Εκδρομές- Αρχαιολογικοί και Ιστορικοί Χώροι

Oι Καρυάτιδες στην Ακρόπολη

Σπουδαιότεροι Αρχαιολογικοί Χώροι και Μουσεία στην Ελλάδα.

astrosgr.com – Γιάννης Κουρόγιωργας

Πίσω στην Αρχική σελίδα

astrosgr.com “Αφιερώνεται στη Θυρεάτιδα Γή.

astrosgr.com/en Dedicated to Thyreatis Land.”

#astrosgrcom

Τα κάστρα μας : Κάστρο Εστέλλα ( στον Αγιάννη ) και Κάστρο Παραλίου Άστρους

Το κάστρο Εστέλλα  στον Αγιάννη έχτισε  το 1256 ο Γουλιέλμος Βιλλαρδουίνος προς υποταγήν των ανυπότακτων γειτόνων Τσακώνων στη  Σίταινα , Καστάνιτσα και Πραστό, εκεί που ήταν οι Τσάκωνες , «επάνω εις τα όρη »  suso en law montanyas ,   όπως αναφέρεται στο Χρονικό του Μορέως.

«Κάστρο Εστέλλα (στον Αγιάννη), Το μνημείο προστατεύεται από τον Αρχαιολογικό Νόμο 3028/2002

Κάστρο Παραλίου ¨Αστρους, το κάστρο προστατεύεται από την ΥΑ-ΥΠΠΟΤ/ΓΔΑΠΚ/ΑΡΧ/Α1/Φ43/41015/2009/8-6-2012,ΦΕΚ 196/ΑΑΠ/13-6-2012»

Η  εκπομπή της ΕΡΤ  Τοπόσημα του 1821 -Επίδαυρος, Άστρος, Τροιζήνα, που ήταν εκτός θέματος σχετικά με το ιστορικό Άστρος, με τις ανακρίβειες  και τις άσχετες μπαρούφες ,αφού   βάλλανε  ένα δανεικό πεινασμένο « λύκο  να φυλλάξει τα πρόβατα» του γείτονα  ,  δεν ξεχάστηκε από την τοπική κοινωνία, ούτε θα ξεχασθεί ποτέ.  Αντίθετα μας άνοιξε τα μάτια  και «διαβαζουμε την ιστορία μας» που δεν «ξαναγράφεται ούτε σβήνεται» με τίποτα . Πως να σβηστεί το  Χρονικό του Μορέως και η διακήρυξη  της Β’Εθνοσυνέλευσης  ¨ του Έθνους των Ελλήνων»….

Διαβάζοντας την ιστορία μας βρήκαμε ενδιαφέροντα θέματα σχετικά με τα κάστρα μας,  από βιβλιογραφία  που μας  πρότεινε το Υπουργείο Πολιτισμού, και  θέλουμε να μοιραστούμε με τους αναγνώστες μας που ενδιαφέροντε  για ιστορικά θέματα και εκείνους που  «διαβάζουν την ιστορία μας».

Κάστρο Παραλίου Άστρους

Ενδιαφέρον είναι ότι το κάστρο Εστέλλα στον Αγιάννη είχε και την ονομασία  ‘Αστρος (Κάστρο, Ακρόπολη  Άστρους)  και ο Αγιάννης είχε και την ονομασία Αγιάννης Άστρους, Επάνω Άστρος, Ορεινό Άστρος , Άστρος και Αγιαννίτικα Καλύβια και το Άστρος είχε την ονομασία   Αγιάννης, Καλύβια Άστρους,Αγιαννίτικα καλύβια.Επίσης ενδιαφέρον βρήκαμε διαβάζοντας  για τα κάστρα, οι Ζαφειρόπουλοι αναφέρονται από τους ιστορικούς ότι ήταν οι πρώτοι κάτοικοι του Παραλίου Άστρους, το 1824-1825  έχτισαν σπίτια στο Κάστρο του Παραλίου Άστρους και ανακαίνησαν το κάστρο .Επίσης η πρώτη οικοδομική φάση του κάστρου εντοπίζεται  στην περίοδο μεταξύ του 17ου αι. και του τέλους του 18ου αι  και φυσικά  η δεύτερη οικοδομική περίοδος εντοπίζεται από το 1824 και 1825 με τον Άκουρο.

 Άστρος: Ιστορική αναδρομή

Με την πρώτη διοικητική διαίρεση του ελληνικού κράτους το 1835, το Άστρος εντάχθηκε στον Δήμο Θυρέας με έδρα τον οικισμό Άγιος Ιωάννης (ΦΕΚ 16Α – 24/05/1835).  Από το 1841 έως το 1912, το Άστρος ήταν η χειμερινή έδρα του Δήμου Θυρέας , ο Αγιάννης ήταν η θερινή έδρα {ΦΕΚ 5Α – 08/03/1841) . Από το 1912 ο οικισμός αποτέλεσε έδρα κοινότητας Άστρους η οποία εξελίχθηκε στο Δήμο Άστρους το 1985 (ΦΕΚ 99Α – 28/05/1985) Από το 1998 το Άστρος αποτελεί έδρα του Δήμου Βόρειας Κυνουρίας (ΦΕΚ 244Α – 04/12/1997) .

Παράλιον Άστρος (Αρκαδίας)  ΦΕΚ 32Α – 08/12/1845  Ο οικισμός προσαρτάται στο δήμο Θυρέας   ΦΕΚ 252Α – 24/08/1912.  Ο οικισμός αποσπάται από το δήμο Θυρέας και ορίζεται έδρα της κοινότητας Παραλίου Άστρους

Από το χωριό Άγιος Ιωάννης προήλθε το Άστρος , το Παράλιο Άστρος, αλλά και άλλοι οικισμοί

Η πρώτη επίσημη αναφορά της πόλης με το όνομα «Άστρος» συναντάται σε χρυσόβουλο του έτους 1293 του αυτοκράτορα Ανδρόνικου Β’ Παλαιολόγου . Η πρώτη όμως αναφορά   με το όνομα «Άστρον» απαντά στο Γεωγράφο Κλαύδιο Πτολεμαίο (2ος αι. μ.Χ.). Ο Νίκος Βέης (18831958) καθηγητής Πανεπιστημίου και Ακαδημαϊκός αναφέρει  «έχομε κατ΄ επανάληψιν μνείας  του Κυνουριακού αυτού πολίσματος» του Άστρους το 1320,1372,1374, 1407,1421, ,1435, 1463, 1467, 1471, 1481. Ο Γ. Τερτσέτης αναφέρει  «συνέτρωγαν  ο Δημήτριος Υψηλάντης  και  ο Κολοκοτρώνης εις τους ίσκιους  των δένδρων του Άστρους».(Διήγησις Συμβάντων της Ελληνικής φυλής  σελ.287) Ο υπασπιστής του Κολοκοτρώνη Φωτάκος αναφέρεi μετά από το τραπέζι  : «Από το Άστρος επεράσαμεν εις τον Άγιον Ιωάννην, και από εκεί, αφού εγευματίσαμεν εις ταις καμάρες του Αγίου Πέτρου, εφθάσαμεν εις Βέρβαινα». Η Συνέλευση, στα πρότυπα των Συνταγμάτων της Γαλλικής Επανάστασης του 1789 μ.Χ., συνέταξε και τη «Διακήρυξη της Β΄ των Ελλήνων Συνελεύσεως»  υπογραμμένη από 128 Πληρεξούσιους, μεταξύ των οποίων και ο Κολοκοτρώνης, «Εξεδόθη εν Άστρει εντός του Μουσείου του Καρυτσιώτου», λέει η διακήρυξη της Εθνοσυνέλευσης .

Για πολλούς αιώνες πριν την επανάσταση του 1821 σε διαφορές αναφορές και χάρτες οι δύο οικισμοί το Άστρος και ο Αγιάννης ανακατεύονται , το Άστρος αναφέρεται Άστρος ,γίνεται Αγιάννης ,Καλύβια Άστρους,  Αγιαννίτικα καλύβια  και ο Αγιάννης αναφέρεται Aγιάννης, γίνεται Άστρος, ορεινό Άστρος ,επάνω Άστρος ,Αγιάννης  Άστρους και Αγιαννίτικα καλύβια.

Το Άστρος και ο Αγιάννης είναι μια κοινότητα και το σπουδαιότερο οι κάτοικοι είναι οι ίδιοι, είχαν και έχουν σήμερα σπίτια στον Άγιάννη και στο Άστρος. Οι περισσότεροι κάτοικοι είναι διπλοκάτοικοι με το Άστρος. Τους χειμερινούς μήνες διαμένουν αρκετοί τα Σαββατοκύριακα και τους καλοκαιρινούς μήνες το χωριό γεμίζει ζωή. 

Κοντά στον Αγιάννη  στη θέση «Ξεροκάμπι»(2 χλμ), βρίσκεται το Κάστρο  Εστέλλα , σε ένα απόκρημνο λόφο  σαν  μία «φυσική πυραμίδα», ανάμεσα στα χωριά Άγιος Ιωάννης και Άγιος Πέτρος, είναι επίσης γνωστό σαν το κάστρο  Ωριάς  η κάστρο  στο Ξεροκάμπι. Tο ορεινό αυτό κάστρο θεωρείται ότι είναι το οχυρό που αναφέρεται στο Αραγωνικό Χρονικό του Μορέως  ως  Estella  (μετάφραση της ελληνικής λέξης Άστρος). Το κάστρο Εστέλλα  έχτισε  το 1256 ο Γουλιέλμος Βιλλαρδουίνος προς υποταγήν των ανυπότακτων γειτόνων Τσακώνων στη  Σίταινα , Καστάνιτσα και Πραστό, εκεί που ήταν οι Τσάκωνες , «επάνω εις τα όρη »  suso en law montanyas ,   όπως αναφέρεται στο Χρονικό του Μορέως. Οι διακεκριμένοι ιστορικοί μελετητές Νίκος Βέης , Σπ. Λάμπρος , Κ.Ρωμαίος και Αδαμ. Αδαμαντίου τοποθέτησαν πειστικά το κάστρο Εστέλλα του Αραγωνικού Χρονικού του Μορέως , στο Ξεροκάμπι ανάμεσα στα χωριά Άγιος Ιωάννης και Άγιος Πέτρος.

Στην περιοχή υπήρξαν αρχαίες πόλεις όπως η Θυρέα, η Ανθήνη, η Νηριήδα και η Εύα στην οποία βρίσκεται η πασίγνωστη Έπαυλη του Ηρώδη του Αττικού.

=========================================

Το κάστρο Εστέλλα  στον Αγιάννη , διακρίνεται σαν μακρυνό αστέρι «επάνω εις τα όρη »  suso en law montanyas ,   όπως αναφέρεται στο Χρονικό του Μορέως.Στο βάθος ευθεία ο Αργολικός και στο κέντρο στο μικρό λόφο είναι το «νησί» που είναι το Κάστρο  Παραλίου Άστρους . Οι φωτογραφίες από το φίλο και γείτονα μας στη παλιά “μητρόπολη του Αγιάννη Σουληνάρι” Θόδωρο Μαγκλή .

Πηγές  με συνοπτικά  σχετικά κείμενα.

Νίκο Α. Βέη , Μνείαι  του Άστρους Το τοπωνυμικό «Άρια»

(Ο Νίκος Βέης (1883; – 1958) ήταν Βυζαντινολόγος ιστορικός και νεοελληνιστής, καθηγητής Πανεπιστημίου και Ακαδημαϊκός).

“ Και δη εν τη αραγωνιακή παραλλαγή του Χρονικού του Μωρέως αναφέρεται ότι ο πρίγκιψ του Μωρέως Γουλιέλμος Βιλλαρδουίνος προς ευκολωτέραν υποταγήν  των Τσακώνων έκτισε , τω 1256, το κάστρον, όπερ καλείται la Estella” Παραθέτω…. Et le princep por  mellor senyorear los fizo alli un castiello suso en las montanyas, el qual se clama la Estella (σ.93»

«Όθεν το castiello  la Estella (=Άστρος) πρέπει να αναζητήσωμε στα ενδότερα της Κυνουρίας « suso en las montanyas”,

«Και όντως το Άστρος και κατά τους μεσαιωνικούς χρόνους ήτο διμερές… οι κατοικούντες τα λεγόμενα Καλύβια Άστρους (είτε Αγιαννίτικα) αναγκάζονται ένεκεν των ελωδών πυρετών ν’αναβαίνωσιν εις το Άγιον Ιωάννη.  … ο Άγιος Ιωάννης κατ αρχάς είχεν υπόστασιν σαν θερινή κατοικία των Αστρινών καλουμένη και (επάνω) Άστρος και Αγιάννης Άστρους,έπειτα δε κατέστη και αυτοτελές χωρίον ,ότε μετά την Άλωσιν της Βασιλευούσης …Και ακριβώς επί μεμονωμένου βουνού άνωθεν του Αγίου Ιωάννου (=Επάνω Άστρους) κείται … το Κάστρο τη Ωριάς …Κατά την εμήν γνώμην μετά τας ανωτέρω εξηγήσεις πιθανώτατα δυνάμεθα να ταυτίσωμεν το Κάστρο της Ωριάς του Πάρνωνος προς το Estella =Άστρος.(σελ 99-100)

«Κατά  τας αρχάς δε της Ελληνικής Επαναστάσεως εσχηματίσθη η σημερινή  παρά την θάλασσαν πολίχνη του  Άστρους, πρώτων των Ζαφειρόπουλοων οικοδομησάντων οχυρούς οίκους εν αυτή»  

=================================

Kεντρικός πύργος Άστρους (Κάστρο Εστέλλα στον Αγιάννη)

Αναστάσιος Ι. Μπάλλας ,Πελοποννησιακά, Τόμος ΚΓ Εταιρείας Πελοποννησιακών Σπουδών,Βραβείο  της Ακαδημίας Αθηνών

Άστρος   ( σ.209-210  Κάστρο Άστρους  )

«Η σημαντικη αυτή οχύρωση είναι η Εστέλλα του Αραγωνικού Χρονικού το κάστρο έχτισε  ο Βιλλαρδουίνος στο βόρειο άκρο του Πάρνωνα. Ειναι επίσης άλλο ένα από τα πολλά κάστρα της Ωριάς,Έχει περιγραφεί επαρκώς από τον  Antoine  Bon και τον Πέππα»

«Γνωρίζουμε ότι μετά την κατάκτηση της Μονεμβασίας ο Βιλλαρδουίνος  έχτισε ένα κάστρο το 1256 πάνω στα βουνά  για να ελέγχη τους Τσάκωνες. Η σχετική αναφορά στο «Βιβλίο των Άθλων» έχει ως εξής. Et le princep por  mellor fenyorear los fizo alli un castiello suso en las montagnas, el qual se clama la Estella (Libro σ.49»

«Πρώτος το αναφέρει ο Leake  Travels II σ.486  γράφοντας πως δύο μίλλια πάνω από τα Αγιαννίτικα καλύβια , στον καλλιεργημένο κάμπο του Ξηροκαμπιού υπάρχει ένα φρούριο Ελληνικό».

Τείχη της ακρόπολης  του Άστρους  (Κάστρο Eστέλλα στον Αγιάννη)

==============================================

Από ΄ΥΠΠΟΑ, Κάστρο Εστέλλα (στον Αγιάννη),

Εστέλλα, κάστρο – mobileContent – eCastles (culture.gr)

Θέση:Το κάστρο εντοπίζεται σε φυσικό έξαρμα με υψόμετρο 1.008μ. στα νοτιοανατολικά του οροπεδίου Ξερόκαμπος και ανάμεσα στα χωριά Άγιος Ιωάννης και Άγιος Πέτρος…..

Σήμερα, το ορεινό αυτό κάστρο θεωρείται ότι είναι το οχυρό που αναφέρεται στο Αραγωνικό Χρονικό ως Estella ((μετάφραση της ελληνικής λέξης Άστρος) και έχει μείνει γνωστό με το δημώδες όνομα Κάστρο της Ωριάς, το οποίο απαντά και σε άλλα μέρη της Ελλάδας, λόγω της λαϊκής παράδοσης σχετικά με την κατάληψή του…..

=====================================

Από ΥΠΠΟΑ ,Κάστρο Παραλίου Άστρους

Παράλιο Άστρος – mobileContenteCastles (culture.gr)

«Η ταύτιση της θέσης Άστρος και του κάστρου της, καθώς και ο συσχετισμός τους με τις ονομασίες Αστρίτσι και Estella [=Άστρος (ελλ.)] δημιούργησε σύγχυση στους ιστορικούς και χαρτογράφους του παρελθόντος, αλλά και σε νεώτερους ερευνητές. Το κάστρο στο παράλιο Άστρος συγχεόταν κυρίως με το κάστρο Estella, το οποίο σύμφωνα με το Αραγωνικό Χρονικό ανεγέρθηκε το 1256 από τον Γουλιέλμο Βιλλεαρδουίνο για τον έλεγχο των ατίθασων Τσακώνων. Ωστόσο, το κάστρο Estella έχει πλέον ταυτιστεί με το οχυρό στο Ξεροκαστέλλι στην ορεινή ενδοχώρα της βορειοανατολικής Κυνουρίας….

 Η μελέτη των καταλοίπων του κάστρου επιτρέπει τη διάκριση δυο οικοδομικών φάσεων. Η πρώτη φάση αφορά στην περίοδο μεταξύ του 17ου αι. και του τέλους του 18ου αι….. Η δεύτερη οικοδομική περίοδος εντοπίζεται από το 1824 και 1825, εποχή που το κάστρο ενισχύθηκε και κατοικήθηκε από τους μυημένους στην Φιλική Εταιρία εύπορους έμπορους του εξωτερικού, αδερφούς Ζαφειρόπουλους

Από

Αρβανίτη Σμ., «Το κάστρο του Παραλίου Άστρους Κυνουρίας.

«H ύπαρξη κάστρου στην  ίδια θέση ,από την Βυζαντινή περίοδο η την Ενετοκρατία ,δεν επιβεβαιώνεται ως τώρα  απο οικοδομικά λέιψανα.»

«Σύμφωνα με τα όσα αναφέρθηκαν, με επιφύλαξη, μπορούν να διακριθούν δύο οικοδομικές φάσεις . Στη πρώτη ανήκουν ο εξωτερικός οχυρωματικος περίβολος…  Συνεπώς εντάσσεται στην οικοδομική δραστηριότητα είτε κατά το διάστημα της Β’Ενεκοκρατίας στην Πελοπόννησο (1689-1715) και στα οχυρωμτικά έργα που κατασκεύασαν οι Οθωμανοί στην περιοχή για να αντιμετωπίσουν κυρίως τοπικά κινήματα είτε της Β’ Τουρκοκρατίας μετά το 1715»

Από  το Υπουργείο Πολιτισμού

ΥΠΠΟΑ/ΕΦΑΑΡΚ/ Α.Π. 91048/03-03-2022

«Όσον αφορά, τέλος, στο τρίτο ερώτημά σας σχετικά με τα κάστρα αρμοδιότητας της Υπηρεσίας μας, σας παραθέτουμε τους κάτωθι υπερσυνδέσμους προκειμένου όχι μόνο να ενημερωθείτε για το ποια είναι τα κάστρα της Κυνουρίας αλλά και για να σταχυολογήσετε χρήσιμες πληροφορίες ιστορικού και αρχαιολογικού ενδιαφέροντος, ούτως ώστε να έχετε μια σφαιρική θεώρηση σχετικά με το θέμα:»

http://ecastles.culture.gr/    (του ΥΠ.ΠΟ.Α.)

Η πόρτα του Κάστρου Εστέλλα στον Αγιάννη, στο βάθος διακρίνεται το Ξεροκάμπι.

Παρακάτω τα κείμενα από http://ecastles.culture.gr/    (του ΥΠ.ΠΟ.Α.)

Κάστρο Εστέλλα

Θέση

Το κάστρο εντοπίζεται σε φυσικό έξαρμα με υψόμετρο 1.008μ. στα νοτιοανατολικά του οροπεδίου Ξερόκαμπος και ανάμεσα στα χωριά Άγιος Ιωάννης και Άγιος Πέτρος. Το κάστρο έχει κατασκευαστεί σε στρατηγική θέση, στο δρόμο που ένωνε την Αργολίδα με την Λακωνία και τα παράλια της Κυνουρίας με την ενδοχώρα της Αρκαδίας.

Ιστορικά στοιχεία

Η ταύτιση του κάστρου απασχόλησε και προβλημάτισε τους ερευνητές από πολύ νωρίς. Δυσχερή έκανε την ταύτιση της θέσης Άστρος με το κάστρο, η παρουσία και άλλων σχετικών ονομασιών που αφορούν στα παράλια και στην ενδοχώρα της βορειοανατολικής Κυνουρίας με αποτέλεσμα οι όροι Άστρος, Αστρίτσι και Estella να συγχέονται σε χωρογραφικούς καταλόγους, παλαιούς χάρτες και αναφορές νεώτερων ιστορικών.

Σήμερα, το ορεινό αυτό κάστρο θεωρείται ότι είναι το οχυρό που αναφέρεται στο Αραγωνικό Χρονικό ως Estella ((μετάφραση της ελληνικής λέξης Άστρος) και έχει μείνει γνωστό με το δημώδες όνομα Κάστρο της Ωριάς, το οποίο απαντά και σε άλλα μέρη της Ελλάδας, λόγω της λαϊκής παράδοσης σχετικά με την κατάληψή του.

Το κάστρο της Estella ανήκε στο μεσαιωνικό δρόγγο του Δραγαλέβου (Δραγαλεβός, Γαρδαλεβός, Δραγάλιγος και Δραγαλιβός), ο οποίος καταλάμβανε την ευρύτερη περιοχή γύρω από το Άστρος και αποτελούσε το βορειότερο τμήμα της σημερινής Κυνουρίας. Το 1463 πέρασε στα χέρια των Ενετών, ενώ το 1467 καταλήφθηκε από τους Τούρκους. Από την εποχή αυτή το κάστρο της Estella φαίνεται ότι εγκαταλείφθηκε, καθώς έπαψε να κατέχει στρατιωτική σημασία για τους Οθωμανούς μετά και την κατάληψή του.

Χρονολόγηση: σταυροφορική/υστεροβυζαντινή περίοδος (13ος – 15ος αι.)

Περιγραφή

Το σχήμα του κάστρου ακολουθεί την φυσική διαμόρφωση του εδάφους, η δυτική πλευρά του οποίου είναι ομαλή και η ανατολική πιο κρημνώδης. Αποτελείται από δυο οχυρωματικούς περιβόλους που προστατεύουν τη δυτική πιο ευπρόσβλητη πλευρά, ενώ το εξωτερικό τείχος περιβάλει οικισμό και το εσωτερικό στην κορυφή του υψώματος την ακρόπολη. Η συνολική έκταση του κάστρου ανέρχεται περίπου στα 22 στρέμματα.

Στον εξωτερικό περίβολο αυτό δεν έχει εντοπιστεί είσοδος. Αντιθέτως, στον εσωτερικό, διακρίνεται η κύρια είσοδος της ακρόπολης, ενώ κοντά στο βόρειο άκρο του τείχους απαντά μια δεύτερη. Τέλος, ενδείξεις και για μια τρίτη είσοδο υπάρχουν στο νοτιοανατολικό τμήμα του τείχους. Το εξωτερικό τείχος είναι κατασκευασμένο από ξηρολιθιά. Οι λίθοι είναι επεξεργασμένοι, πλακοειδούς σχήματος. Η οχύρωση της ακρόπολης αποτελείται από λιθοδομή με ασβεστοκονίαμα. Εντός του περιβόλου απαντά πύργος επόπτευσης τετράγωνης κάτοψης που διασώζεται σε ύψος 3 μέτρα. Έχει κατασκευαστεί από λιθοδομή με ασβεστοκονίαμα, ενώ στη δυτική πλευρά του πύργου διακρίνεται χρήση πλίθων.

Εντός του εξωτερικού περιβόλου και εκτός του εσωτερικού, εντοπίζονται ίχνη οικισμού που αποτελούνται από αρκετές μονόχωρες ορθογώνιες κατασκευές από ξηρολιθιά. Ένα διώροφο κτίσμα μόνο ξεχωρίζει λόγω του προθαλάμου και των δυο χώρων που διαθέτει.

Το μνημείο σήμερα

Η κατάσταση διατήρησης του κάστρου σήμερα δεν είναι ιδιαιτέρως καλή. Το μνημείο προστατεύεται από τον Αρχαιολογικό Νόμο 3028/2002.

Βιβλιογραφία

Καρποδίνη Ε., Κάστρα της Πελοποννήσου, Αθήνα 1993, 242-243

Μπάλλας Α., «Κάστρα της Κυνουρίας. Επισκόπηση των μεσαιωνικών κάστρων της Τσακωνιάς», Πελοποννησιακά ΚΣΤ΄ (2001-2002), 208-210

Κουσκουνάς Ι., «Η ίδρυση του φρουρίου ¨Άστρους¨», Θυρεάτις Γη (Ιστορία – Αρχαιολογία – Λαογραφία), Κουσκουνάς Ι. – Χασαπογιάννης Κ. – Κακαβούλιας Ι. (επιμ.), 1981, 168-171

Κουσκουνάς Ι., «Το Άστρος και τα γειτονικά μεσαιωνικά φρούρια», Θυρεάτις Γη (Ιστορία – Αρχαιολογία – Λαογραφία), Κουσκουνάς Ι. – Χασαπογιάννης Κ. – Κακαβούλιας Ι. (επιμ.), 1981, 175-177

Πέππας Ι., Μεσαιωνικές σελίδες της Αργολίδας, Αρκαδίας, Κορινθίας, Αττικής, Αθήνα 1990, 178, 182-185

Ρωμαίος Α., Τοπογραφικά της Φραγκοκρατίας, Πελοποννησιακά Β΄(1957), 23-24

Σαραντάκης Π., Αρκαδία: Οι Ακροπόλεις – Τα Κάστρα & Οι πύργοι της σιωπηλά ερείπια μιας δοξασμένης γης, Αθήνα 2006, 152, 155-158

Σφηκόπουλος Ι., Τα Μεσαιωνικά κάστρα του Μορηά, Αθήνα 1968, 199-201

Buchon A., Nouvelles recherches historiques sur la principauté française de Morée et ses hautes baronies, v. 1, Paris 1843, 397

Buchon A., Recherches historiques sur la principauté francaise de Morée et ses hautes baronies, v. 1, Paris 1845, 65

Bees N., «Μνείαι του Άστρους κατά τους μέσους αιώνας», Byzantinische Zeitschrift 17 (1908), 92-105

Bon A., La Morée franque. Recherches historiques, topographiques et archéologiques sur la Principauté d’Achaïe (1205-1430), Paris 1969, 73, 220, 280, 500, 515-516

Hopf Ch., Chroniques gréco-romanes inédites ou peu connues, publiées avec notes et tables généalogiques, Berlin, Weidmann, 1873, 202-203, 205-206

Zakythinos A., Le despotat grec de Morée. Histoire politique, Variorum Reprints, London 1975, 164

Πρόσβαση στο Κάστρο

Το κάστρο βρίσκεται σε απόσταση 2,5χλμ. νοτιοδυτικά του Αγ. Ιωάννη  Κυνουρίας. Μετά το χωριό Άγ. Ιωάννη ξεκινά χωματόδρομος από την επαρχιακή οδό διαμέσου του Ξερόκαμπου, ο οποίος οδηγεί έως τους πρόποδες του υψώματος. Μέχρι την κορυφή, ακολουθεί ανάβαση περίπου 45 λεπτών.

Κάστρο Εστέλλα Η πόρτα του κάστρου Εστέλλα στον Αγιάννη .

========================================

Παρακάτω τα κείμενα από http://ecastles.culture.gr/    (του ΥΠ.ΠΟ.Α.)

Παράλιο Άστρος

Θέση

Το Παράλιο Άστρος απέχει 4χλμ. από το Άστρος. Το κάστρο βρίσκεται σε κορυφή στο νότιο τμήμα του λόφου «Νησί» του Παράλιου Άστρους βόρεια του οικισμού. Η θέση του κάστρου εξασφάλιζε τον έλεγχο των δρόμων που οδηγούσαν στα Δολιανά, στο Άστρος και στο Λεωνίδιο. Η στρατηγική σημασία της θέσης ενισχυόταν και από την άμεση επικοινωνία με το λιμάνι και τη θέα προς ολόκληρο τον Αργολικό κόλπο.

Ιστορικά στοιχεία

Στη βόρεια πλευρά του λόφου εντοπίζονται τα κατάλοιπα αρχαίου τείχους της Ακρόπολης της Θυρέας. Από πολύ νωρίς, η θέση μαρτυρείται ως «Άστρο-Άστρος» λόγω του αστεροειδούς σχήματος του ακρωτηρίου στο οποίο κτίστηκε, ενώ γνωστή είναι και η ονομασία του λόφου ως «Νησί». Παλαιότερα ονομαζόταν εξίσου και Σκάλα του Άστρους.

Η ταύτιση της θέσης Άστρος και του κάστρου της, καθώς και ο συσχετισμός τους με τις ονομασίες Αστρίτσι και Estella [=Άστρος (ελλ.)] δημιούργησε σύγχυση στους ιστορικούς και χαρτογράφους του παρελθόντος, αλλά και σε νεώτερους ερευνητές. Το κάστρο στο παράλιο Άστρος συγχεόταν κυρίως με το κάστρο Estella, το οποίο σύμφωνα με το Αραγωνικό Χρονικό ανεγέρθηκε το 1256 από τον Γουλιέλμο Βιλλεαρδουίνο για τον έλεγχο των ατίθασων Τσακώνων. Ωστόσο, το κάστρο Estella έχει πλέον ταυτιστεί με το οχυρό στο Ξεροκαστέλλι στην ορεινή ενδοχώρα της βορειοανατολικής Κυνουρίας.

Έχει υποστηριχθεί ότι στη θέση του κάστρου του Παράλιου Άστρους είχε προηγηθεί μεσαιωνικό κάστρο, υπόθεση που λόγω απουσίας επαρκών στοιχείων δεν γίνεται να επιβεβαιωθεί. Η μελέτη των καταλοίπων του κάστρου επιτρέπει τη διάκριση δυο οικοδομικών φάσεων. Η πρώτη φάση αφορά στην περίοδο μεταξύ του 17ου αι. και του τέλους του 18ου αι. Ίσως μάλιστα να σχετίζεται με την ανακατάληψη της περιοχής το 1715 από τους Οθωμανούς και την οικοδομική τους δραστηριότητα για τον έλεγχο τοπικών κινημάτων. Η δεύτερη οικοδομική περίοδος εντοπίζεται από το 1824 και 1825, εποχή που το κάστρο ενισχύθηκε και κατοικήθηκε από τους μυημένους στην Φιλική Εταιρία εύπορους έμπορους του εξωτερικού, αδερφούς Ζαφειρόπουλους.

Σημαντική στιγμή για την ιστορία του κάστρου αποτελεί η μάχη στις 5-6 Αυγούστου 1826, όπου οι αγωνιστές υπό τον Παναγιώτη Ζαφειρόπουλου αντιμετώπισαν ηρωικά τον στρατό του Ιμπραήμ, τον οποίο ηγούταν ο Σουλεϊμάν πασάς και ανάγκασαν τα αιγυπτιακά στρατεύματα να τραπούν σε φυγή.

Χρονολόγηση: Οθωμανική/ενετική περίοδος (15ος – 19ος αι.)

Περιγραφή

Το κάστρο αποτελείται από εσωτερικό τετράπλευρο οχυρωματικό περίβολο και δυο εξωτερικούς στα δυτικά και ανατολικά του. Ο ανατολικός εξωτερικός περίβολος σχηματίζει ορθογώνια αυλή. Αντίστοιχα, ο δυτικός διαμορφώνεται σε δυο προμαχώνες τριγωνικού σχήματος και διαθέτει δύο κυκλικούς πύργους με scarpa, cordone και parapetto, όπου ανοίγονται κανονιοθυρίδες.

Στο βορειοδυτικό άκρο του δυτικού εξωτερικού περιβόλου υπάρχει είσοδος που προστατευόταν από τον πύργο στα ανατολικά της. Μια ακόμη πύλη, η οποία διαμορφώθηκε κατά τη δεύτερη οικοδομική φάση του κάστρου, βρίσκεται στο μέσον του ανατολικού εξωτερικού περιβόλου. Η πρόσβαση σε αυτή γίνεται μέσω λίθινης κλίμακας.

Τυφεκιοθυρίδες ανοίχτηκαν κατά την πρώτη οικοδομική φάση του κάστρου, τόσο στο τείχος των εξωτερικών περιβόλων, όσο και στον εσωτερικό, ενώ στα χρόνια της Επανάστασης ορισμένες από αυτές κλείστηκαν και ανοίχτηκαν νέες.

Ο εσωτερικός περίβολος διαμορφώθηκε κατά την δεύτερη οικοδομική φάση του κάστρου. Εντός του χώρου αυτού υψώνονται οι κατοικίες των τριών αδερφών Ζαφειρόπουλων. Πρόκειται για ευρύχωρες οικίες που δηλώνουν την ευμάρεια των κατόχων τους, χωρίς έντονα αμυντικό χαρακτήρα. Η ασφάλειά τους εξασφαλιζόταν από την οχυρότητα της θέσης του κάστρου, αλλά και από τον οχυρωματικό περίβολο που τα προστάτευε. 

Η οικία του Παναγιώτη Ζαφειρόπουλου στη νοτιοδυτική γωνία του περιβόλου αποτελείται από υπερυψωμένο όροφο ορθογωνικής κάτοψης και υπόγειο με κινστέρνα. Το κτήριο είναι θεμελιωμένο σε προγενέστερη κατασκευή. Η είσοδος στην οικία γίνεται μέσω λίθινης κλίμακας στηριζόμενης σε καμάρα. Ο όροφος λειτουργούσε ως χώρος υποδοχής, εστίασης και προετοιμασίας φαγητού και διέθετε τζάκι.

Η οικία του Κωνσταντίνου Ζαφειρόπουλου στη νοτιοανατολική πλευρά του περιβόλου αποτελείται από όροφο ορθογωνικής κάτοψης και υπόγεια κινστέρνα. Ο όροφος διαμορφωνόταν σε δωμάτια, το κεντρικό από τα οποία λειτουργούσε ως χώρος διαμονής, στα δυτικά υπήρχε κουζίνα και βοηθητικό δωμάτιο με τζάκι, ενώ στα ανατολικά χώρος υποδοχής και κοιτώνες.

Η οικία Ιωάννη Ζαφειρόπουλου στη βορειανατολική πλευρά του κάστρου αποτελείται από ένα ορθογωνικής κάτοψης διώροφο κτίριο, στο οποίο εφάπτεται ισόγειο σχήματος Γ  με υδατοδεξαμενή στα νότια του και δευτερεύοντα ορθογώνιο χώρο βορειοδυτικά.

Εντός του κάστρου εντοπίζονται επίσης λείψανα διάφορων βοηθητικών χώρων, υπόγειων και υπέργειων δεξαμενών, αλλά και αγωγοί ύδατος.

Το μνημείο σήμερα

Το κάστρο προστατεύεται από την ΥΑ

ΥΠΠΟΤ/ΓΔΑΠΚ/ΑΡΧ/Α1/Φ43/41015/2009/8-6-2012,ΦΕΚ 196/ΑΑΠ/13-6-2012. Η κατάσταση διατήρησης του κάστρου είναι σχετικά καλή. Οι εξωτερικοί περίβολοι έχουν υποστεί φθορές και καταρρεύσεις της λιθοδομής, γεγονός που καθιστά την επίσκεψη στα σημεία αυτά επικίνδυνη. Η οικία Ιωάννη Ζαφειρόπουλου βρίσκεται σε κακή κατάσταση διατήρησης, αυτή του Κωνσταντίνου Ζαφειρόπουλου σε μέτρια, ενώ η οικία του Παναγιώτη είναι η καλύτερα σωζόμενη.

Βιβλιογραφία

Αρβανίτη Σμ., «Το κάστρο του Παραλίου Άστρους Κυνουρίας. Πρώτες παρατηρήσεις», Πρακτικά του Ζ΄ Διεθνούς Συνεδρίου Πελοποννησιακών Σπουδών (Πύργος- Γαστούνη-Αμαλιάδα, 11-17 Σεπτεμβρίου 2005), τ. Δ΄, Βυζάντιον-Συμπληρώματα, Πελοποννησιακά, Παράρτημα 27 (2007), 385-410

Καρποδίνη Ε., Κάστρα της Πελοποννήσου, Αθήνα 1993, 242-243

Κουσκουνάς Ι., «Η Χερσόνησος του Παράλιου Άστρους», Θυρεάτις Γη (Ιστορία – Αρχαιολογία – Λαογραφία), Κουσκουνάς Ι. – Χασαπογιάννης Κ. – Κακαβούλιας Ι. (επιμ.), 1981, 121-123

Κουσκουνάς Ι., «Το Άστρος και τα γειτονικά μεσαιωνικά φρούρια», Θυρεάτις Γη (Ιστορία – Αρχαιολογία – Λαογραφία), Κουσκουνάς Ι. – Χασαπογιάννης Κ. – Κακαβούλιας Ι. (επιμ.), 1981, 175-177

Μπάλλας Α., «Κάστρα της Κυνουρίας. Επισκόπηση των μεσαιωνικών κάστρων της Τσακωνιάς», Πελοποννησιακά ΚΣΤ΄ (2001-2002), 208-209

Πέππας Ι., Μεσαιωνικές σελίδες της Αργολίδας, Αρκαδίας, Κορινθίας, Αττικής, Αθήνα 1990, 176-177

Σαραντάκης Π., Αρκαδία: Οι Ακροπόλεις – Τα Κάστρα & Οι πύργοι της σιωπηλά ερείπια μιας δοξασμένης γης, Αθήνα 2006, 150-155

Σφηκόπουλος Ι., Τα Μεσαιωνικά κάστρα του Μορηά, Αθήνα 1968, 198

Φιλιππίδης Δ., «Κυνουρία», Ελληνική Παραδοσιακή Αρχιτεκτονική, Πελοπόννησος Α’, τ. 4, Αθήνα 1985, 170-173

Bees N. A., «Μνείαι του Άστρους κατά τους μέσους αιώνας», Byzantinische Zeitschrift 17 (1908), 92-105

Bon A., La Morée franque. Recherches historiques, topographiques et archéologiques sur la Principauté d’Achaïe (1205-1430), Paris 1969, 73, 220, 280, 500, 515-516

Zakythinos A. , Le despotat grec de Morée. Histoire politique, Variorum Reprints, London 1975, 78, 164, 166

Πρόσβαση στο Κάστρο

Ο επισκέπτης συναντά πρώτα το φυλάκιο του αρχαιολογικού χώρου και ύστερα τον ανατολικό εξωτερικό περίβολο του οχυρού. Η είσοδος στην εσωτερική αυλή του κάστρου πραγματοποιείται μέσω λίθινης κλίμακας και από την ανατολική πύλη.

Πηγές

Νίκο Α. Βέη , Μνείαι  του Άστρους (σελ 93-104)

Θυρεάτις Γη ( Ιστορία – Αρχαιολογία – Λαογραφία ) Ιωάννης Κουσκουνάς – Κυριάκος Χασαπογιάννης -Ιωάννης Κακαβούλιας. 1981

book4.pdf (zafeiris.gr)

Ιωάννη Μ. Αρβανίτη – Από τις Πηγές του Λαού μας, τόμος A,Β, Αθήνα 1985,8

Αρβανίτη Σμ., «Το κάστρο του Παραλίου Άστρους Κυνουρίας

Αναστάσιος Ι. Μπάλλας ,Πελοποννησιακά, Τόμος ΚΓ Εταιρείας Πελοποννησιακών Σπουδών,Βραβείο  της Ακαδημίας Αθηνών  (Άστρος   ( σ.209-210  )

Εστέλλα, κάστρο – mobileContent – eCastles (culture.gr)

Κάστρο Εστέλλα – Ελληνικά Κάστρα – Kastra.eu

Παράλιο Άστρος – mobileContent – eCastles (culture.gr)

Κάστρο Παράλιου Άστρους – Ελληνικά Κάστρα – Kastra.eu

Home – Κοινότητα Άστρους (koinotita-astrous.gr)

http://ecastles.culture.gr/    (του ΥΠ.ΠΟ.Α.)

Ο οικιστής του Παραλίου Άστρους Αγιαννίτης στρατηγός Πάνος Ζαφειρόπουλος η Άκουρος

Οι  δύο φωτογραφίες  για το Κάστρο Εστέλλα ,  που αναφέρεται  «Κεντρικός πύργος Άστρους»  και  «Τείχη της ακρόπολης  του Άστρους»  είναι   Από το Αναστάσιος Ι. Μπάλλας ,Πελοποννησιακά, Τόμος ΚΓ Εταιρείας Πελοποννησιακών Σπουδών,Βραβείο  της Ακαδημίας Αθηνών

Οι άλλες φωτογραφίες για το Κάστρο Εστέλλα στον Αγιάννη από το φίλο και γείτονα μας στη παλιά “μητρόπολη του Αγιάννη Σουληνάρι” Θόδωρο Μαγκλή.

Για περισσότερα δείτε τους παρακάτω συνδέσμους

Για το Κάστρο Εστέλλα (στον Αγιάννη)

Εστέλλα, κάστρο – mobileContent – eCastles (culture.gr)

Κάστρο Εστέλλα – Ελληνικά Κάστρα – Kastra.eu

Κάστρο Εστέλλα ή Κάστρο της Ωριάς ή κάστρο στο Ξεροκάμπι
Κάστρο της Ωριάς Αρκαδίας – Βικιπαίδεια (wikipedia.org)
«Η Ωριά και το Κάστρο της στην Αρκαδία (pics)».

Για το Κάστρο Παραλίου ¨Αστρους

Παράλιο Άστρος – mobileContent – eCastles (culture.gr)

Κάστρο Παράλιου Άστρους – Ελληνικά Κάστρα – Kastra.eu

Κάστρο Παραλίου Άστρους η των Ζαφειρόπουλων

Το νόμιμο όνομα “Το Κάστρο του Παραλίου Άστρους” και γιατί η ιστορία “δεν ξαναγράφεται, ούτε σβήνεται”.

Ο οικιστής του Παραλίου Άστρους Αγιαννίτης στρατηγός Πάνος Ζαφειρόπουλος η Άκουρος

Το Κάστρο του Παραλίου Άστρους υπάγεται στην αρμοδιότητα της ΕΦΑΑΡΚ, που κρατά μυστικά την ανάδειξη και αναστήλωση.

Έχει δημοσιευθεί στους Συνεργάτες   μας  Astros Kynouria News  

astrosgr.com – Γιάννης Κουρόγιωργας

Το κάστρο Εστέλλα  στον Αγιάννη έχτισε  το 1256 ο Γουλιέλμος Βιλλαρδουίνος προς υποταγήν των ανυπότακτων γειτόνων Τσακώνων στη  Σίταινα , Καστάνιτσα και Πραστό, εκεί που ήταν οι Τσάκωνες , «επάνω εις τα όρη »  suso en law montanyas ,   όπως αναφέρεται στο Χρονικό του Μορέως.Στο βάθος ευθεία ο Αργολικός και στο κέντρο στο μικρό λόφο είναι το «νησί» που είναι το Κάστρο  Παραλίου Άστρους . Οι φωτογραφίες από το φίλο και γείτονα μας στη παλιά “μητρόπολη του Αγιάννη Σουληνάρι” Θόδωρο Μαγκλή .

Νίκο Α. Βέη , Μνείαι  του Άστρους

..”.Και ακριβώς επί μεμονωμένου βουνού άνωθεν του Αγίου Ιωάννου (=Επάνω Άστρους) κείται … το Κάστρο τη Ωριάς …Κατά την εμήν γνώμην μετά τας ανωτέρω εξηγήσεις πιθανώτατα δυνάμεθα να ταυτίσωμεν το Κάστρο της Ωριάς του Πάρνωνος προς το Estella =Άστρος.”(σελ 99-100)

Διακρίνεται παραπάνω ο κεντρικός πύργος του Κάστρου Εστέλλα (Άστρους) στον Αγιάννη . Ο Άγιος Ιωάννης (Αγιάννης ) είχε και την ονομασία Αγιάννης Άστρους, Επάνω Άστρος, Ορεινό Άστρος , Άστρος, Αγιαννίτικα Καλύβια.

astrosgr.com – Γιάννης Κουρόγιωργας

Photos


School photos, Our teachers -Pho

Photos and texts from the website Thyreatis land (northern kynouria  Θυρεατις γη (βορεια κυνουρια Anniversary of March 25 in the 50s. From the archive of the Kordogiannis family. Pupils beautifully dressed for the celebration of March 25 in the 1950s in front of the then high school Astros in the school Karytsioti, today Archaeological Museum … Continue reading“School photos, Our teachers -Pho”

by Γιάννης ΚουρόγιωργαςSeptember 7, 2022

School photos, in the 1960s-Ph

Θυρεατις γη (βορεια κυνουρια Our respect and admiration for the monuments and our history is evident, when 55 years ago we worshiped the “Holy Space” of the Second National Assembly of the Greeks. This space can not be taken from us. This space is ours, it belongs to the local community and it does not … Continue reading“School photos, in the 1960s-Ph”

by Γιάννης ΚουρόγιωργαςSeptember 7, 2022

Our mountains, Parnonas -Ph

The name Parnonas means bright glow, from the light of the second sun or from the light of the moon. Published by John Kourogiorgas astrosgr.com/en / John Koutogiorgas Back to astrosgr.com/en /Dedicated to Thyreatis Land

by Γιάννης ΚουρόγιωργαςSeptember 7, 2022

Old Astrinoi and Agiannites # 1 -PH

Photos from the website Thyreatis Land Θυρεατις γη (βορεια κυνουρια Agiannites in the square of AiGiorgis in Agiannis late 19th to early 20th century Very old photo from the end of the 19th century, Agiannites on an excursion to Xerokambi, the seated aristocrats of the time and occupying with their European clothes …. and the … Continue reading“Old Astrinoi and Agiannites # 1 -PH”

by Γιάννης ΚουρόγιωργαςSeptember 7, 2022

astrosgr.com/en / John Koutogiorgas

Back to astrosgr.com/en /Dedicated to Thyreatis Land

We will soon start posting photos

1)Our villages

1-1. Astros

1-2. Agiannis

1-33. Paralio Astros

1-4. Traditional Villages

1-5. Traditional houses

1-6  School photos, Our teachers -Pho

School photos, in the 1960s-Ph

1-6. Old Astrinoi and Agiannites # 1 -PH

2. The Argolic gulf and our beaches

2-1. The sun and the sea

2-2. Beaches

2-3. Coastal villages

2-4. East of the Argolic gulf

2-5. The Aegean islands

 3. Archaeological sites and museums

3-1. Archaeological sites and museums of Thyreas

3-2. Most important archeological sites and museums in Greece

3-3. Historical monuments

4.

4. Our mountains and castles

4-1. Our mountains, Parnonas -Ph

4-2. Must

4-3. 

4.

5. Monasteries and churches

5-1. Monasteries

5-2. Churches

5-3. Mystras

5-4. Neighbors

6. Sights

6-1. Astros

6-2. Agiannis

6-33. Our villages

4.

7. News

7-1. Α

7-2. Β 3.

8. Events and festivals

8-1. Ε

8-2. Π 3.

9.The Tsakones

9.1 A

9.2 B

10. Various topics

The Tsakones

Dedicated to Tsakonia

Kaur  ekanate tan  Kynouria> Welcome to Kynouria

From Astros at a distance of about 67 km is the holy monastery of Elona, ​​which as a symbol of Tsakonia is hung and inaccessible on the red rock.

In the route of Astros Leonidio there are many enchanting beaches that “the sun and the sea of ​​the Argolic” are in their greatness.

From Astros Leonidio is at a distance of about 50 km. Argolikos and its enchanting beaches, “as if you were going there”.

Sampatiki beach.

The “sun and the sea”, and the many beaches of the Argolic are enchanting. It is no coincidence that the locals out of admiration for the beaches of the Argolic, briefly let the visitor see with his own eyes and draw his own conclusions, “as you go there” you will see and enjoy the magic of nature… .. We do not need to tell you about the beauty of the Argolic. This is what our ancestors used to say about the enchanting beach of Sampatiki, which took its name from the admiration of the locals… “as if you were going there”. There are many enchanting beaches and we will visit them in order.

From the “Mount Parnon and Moustos Wetland Management Agency, 2015. Guide for the protected area of ​​Mount Parnon and Moustos Wetland. Nature, Culture, Ecotourism. Astros of Arcadia “.

The Tsakonian dialect of Leonidio, Pragmatefti, Melana, Tyros, Sapounakeika, Agios Andreas, Prasto, Sitaina, Kastanitsa is spoken. Settlements: Sampatiki, Livadi, Vaskina, Paliochora, Agios Panteleimonas (Bubble), Dernikeika

 The Tsakonian dialect

The Tsakonian dialect, the Tsakonian dance, the costume, the customs and traditions of the Tsakonians, are another dynamic of the Parnon area. According to the “Chronicle of Monemvasia”: “And the prefectures and peasants of Thremte were settled in the rugged places adjacent to it, and finally the jaconia were named”. The Tsakones, as true descendants of the Dorians, kept their roots intact and the Tsakonian language is still the living expression of the Doric dialect. In the cradle of Tsakonia, today insists on walking and creating in the footsteps of yesterday in a perpetual and uninterrupted breath of Greece. The special linguistic treasure of our place. The Tsakonian dialect has been included in the UNESCO World Heritage List and is recognized as a cultural achievement and a unique treasure trove of culture. The language was preserved genuine and unadulterated in the mouths of ordinary people, peasants, shepherds and farmers. In the wishes, in the greetings, in the curses, in the everyday expressions, in the teasing and the jokes, there is for centuries now the linguistic treasure of the Tsakonians. In this special part of the Greek land called Tsakonia (the cradle of Tsakonia was Prastos, Kastanitsa and Sitaina), in these rugged places, the inhabitants of the area, with few means, not only survived, but left behind a valuable heritage, the Tsakonian tradition, the beautiful language, the unique evocative Tsakonian dance, the Tsakonian songs, the weaving art, their habits, what we call today customs and traditions. All this composes the identity of the place with a living language that is in the hands of the Tsakonians, but also of all Hellenism, to embrace it and protect it from oblivion

The topics  that we will try to cover later as best we can are the following.

“We owe it to Tsakonia.” – astrosgr.com

Directions to Leonidio of Kynoyria from the airport

Tsakones

 Tsakonia

Villages of Tsakonia – astrosgr.com

Sampatiki beach and Argolikos, “if you were going there”. For more details open the link

The Holy Monastery of Panagia Eloni or Elona

 Tsakonian Language

The Tsakonian Tradition is rich such as the


The Tsakonian textile

From the “Mount Parnon and Moustos Wetland Management Agency, 2015. Guide for the protected area of ​​Mount Parnon and Moustos Wetland. Nature, Culture, Ecotourism. Astros of Arcadia “. In Leonidio, the pioneer of weaving was Polyxeni Dounia, the genus Lyonta (1841-1911), wife of Theodoros Ioannis Dounias (1822-1901), who had learned the art in Aydin, Asia … Continue reading“The Tsakonian textile”

by Γιάννης ΚουρόγιωργαςSeptember 6, 2022

Tsakonian Costumes

The jumpsuit is the traditional women’s costume of the wider area of ​​Tsakonia. In the past, the nobility of Prastos, the first Tsakonian capital, used to wear the jumbe as a sign of economic surface and superior origin. This costume, which was used as a wedding dress, was characterized by Doric simplicity. Free from gold … Continue reading“Tsakonian Costumes”

by Γιάννης ΚουρόγιωργαςSeptember 6, 2022

The Tsakonian dance

From the Tsakonia Archive Tsakonian dance is a music and dance event, characterized by spiral and snake formations and is an element-symbol of the cultural identity of Tsakoni. It is a heavy and majestic dance, characterized by the locals as “humble”, “serious”, “strict”, “austere” and “restrained”. It is the dance with which the festivities close, … Continue reading“The Tsakonian dance”

by Γιάννης ΚουρόγιωργαςSeptember 6, 2022

the Tsakonian Gastronomy,

and many more.

Tsakonian texts

Our partners

Photos

Sources and Links

We cite our printed sources. We do not mention the friends from the internet who are the brave “soldiers and guards of Tsakonia”, every day they offer a lot without expecting personal rewards and they do this “all for Tsakonia”. If we are asked in writing we will mention the names of our sources from the internet or if requested in writing we will still download the relevant posts when we verify it. The “Tsakones” page is dedicated to Tsakonia. The users of the website https://astrosgreece.gr agree with the above when they open the website or otherwise communicate in writing.

————————————————– ——————

Municipality of South Kynouria

http://www.notiakynouria.gov.gr/

Leonidio 

http://www.leonidio.gr/leonidio/

The “Tsakoni Archive is based in Leonidio

Αρχείο Τσακωνιάς     TSAKONIANARCHIVES.GR

Αρχική – Tsakonian Archives

Στο Λεωνίδιο έχει την έδρα του το “Αρχείον Τσακωνι

Short grammar of the Tsakonian Dialect

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Tno1072T0leW55YW8xQ2NidUE/view?resourcekey=0-l7ZH0nnyC-ZaYCCQleFJqA

http://www.tsakonianarchives.gr/sintomi_grammatiki_tsakonikis_dialektou/?fbclid=IwAR2ArtRusDPFBbC772V8q9biZ-InMFQbKsFsuxhbM8pWTHnfaYz4mj1KdBY

Dictionary of the Tsakonian Dialect

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Tno1072T0lM1hPOGEyWmN6U2c/view?fbclid=IwAR1kKvU8ppXlqXoxv-ISekoquwWB3x9_0ichjfdt20V9xiG3g_ayoH4MhGk

The flora of Tsakonia

http://www.tsakonianarchives.gr/xloris-tis-tsakonian…/…

Να έτε κα > Be well

astrosgr.com/en / John Koutogiorgas

Back to astrosgr.com/en /Dedicated to Thyreatis Land